Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Place Pond Pics Here!

Smile

Hi...I'm new here and am loving looking at all the photos. It gives you some great ideas! I need to get some more plants in mine. I purchased my first home in October....moved in (after renovations) in March and the house already had a pond that the previous owners had built themselves (unfortunately not really well!) so I've included the photo that I took when I was looking at buying the house and the pond as it's now been re-done this past Friday. After I bought the house, a friend of mine put some goldfish in it and they were doing fine, although the water was always green....until one day when the lawn fertilizer guy "accidentally" got flea treatment in it and it killed all the fish but one. I've now gotten him/her some companions!I love it...love to watch the fish and love the sound of the waterfalls!

Before:

After:

Very nice redo!

Thank you!

Mighty nice work ya done

Finished!

The water was still a little murky in these pics, but it is crystal clear now. I can't wait for the water to establish so I can move the gold fish out and my prized koi in. So far the fish are doing great.

2500 gal Koi Pond

A bit of advice...

Quote Originally Posted by fastener View Post
    The water was still a little murky in these pics, but it is crystal clear now. I can't wait for the water to establish so I can move the gold fish out and my prized koi in. So far the fish are doing great.

@fastener:

Awsome pond! It looks amazing!

Here's some friendly advice. You might want to place something between the pond and your mulch in the areas that I've circled below. I'm worried that when it rains you might end up with mulch in your pond which will cause your pond to discolor... I could be wrong and you might never have any problems, but for as little work as it would take to change it now, before plants have grown in, I think I would go ahead and play it safe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pond_mulch_runoff.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	9636

-Jon

My Pond - June, 2009 - Remodeling

Adding a small "bog-like" upflow filter and
    improving the waterfall/stream.
    ---------
    The Only Difficult Questions Are Those Without Answers...

A couple of shots....

Name:	Nik's Misc. Pics. 391.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	9641

Name:	Vecchie Landscapes 068.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	9642

How large is yours Muske?

Some pictures of our little pond at night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails night bog.jpg   night deck.jpg   night pond.jpg  

Fleetingsummers - 1200+ gals.

my new pond summer 2009

metered 1400 gallons. built into hillside with retaining wall. will plant new folage next year to soften the look. still working on deck area on left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 102_8288.jpg   101_8535.jpg  
    Last edited by flyingfish; 09-30-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Grandma's Pond 2009

This is my pond's second summer (built 9/2007) and it is the best so far. I haven't posted at all this summer because it has been stress free. I did not stress out over anything this year and that contributed to my success, IMHO.

Here is a picture of my pond this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01533.jpg  

My Pond-Summer 2009

Attached are some of my pond construction pictures. It is approx. 500 gallons. Still working on the surrounding area around the pond.
    Let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

I have to figure how to upload my pond pics but you guys have some really amazing ponds. Puts mine to shame!

Finished Product

Here are some pictures of the pond completed. . I had to put a fence around it to keep my wife's frenchie pups from swimming in the pond. This weekend I laid sod around the yard so it is looking alot better and not as much as a construction site.

Tommy, it is easy to upload, just hit the attachment tool and attach your pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Looks great. The fence doesn't detract from the appearance of the pond at all, and I also like that arbor or pergola over it.

After 3 or 5 postings your priveledges increase. It keeps the spammers down.

Sonoma County Susan
    Science Teacher, Ponder (Zone 9)

My small pond

Hi,

I'm new to this message board. Just wanted to share a picture of my 365 gallon pond with 7 shubunkins. It's not much, but my back yard will only allow me this space.

Okay, I tried. I need to learn more about how to down a picture. Sorry, maybe later.
    OldMarine
    SSgt. Rich Kruger
    Tacoma, WA. Zone 7 to 8 <><
    www.picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969 <my pics

Place Pond Pics Here

I have to admit that I thought that the pond forum section here would be a very active place over the summer.
    As it is now August, my pond is pretty much at its peak. I will take some pics and post them later.
    My question is how many pond people are there? Even if you are keeping cichlids in a tub outside, isnt that "outdoor aquatics"?

Here is my pond in the works

Have to finish it in the spring , with Tons of rocks and plants ...what do you think I have a good start?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00582.jpg  

A beautiful beginning!

Sonoma County Susan
    Science Teacher, Ponder (Zone 9)

My Pond Pix

My wife and I moved to our new house in November 2009. The property had a rectangle pond with no filtration and approximatley 1500 pounds of overgrown vegetation and muck. Needless to say, it was pretty disgusting. I was happy to have a pond but not the pond I had always wanted. So I decided to take out the "Bad Pond" and install a Aquascape Bio-Falls. Quite a difference huh? Tell me what you think?

F.X.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Badpond1.jpg   Pond3.jpg  

Very nice!

Here's my pond, May of 2010. Getting it ready for the pond tour. Unfortunately, you can see the strand of fishing line I placed around the edge, but it give an idea of how it looks. Calibrachoa and snow princess are in full bloom, the pickerel in the mini-bog is coming along nicely. The lotus is growing well, as are the cattails. Wish the pennywort would slow down, though! Anyone in the Tulsa area is welcome to some of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010614.jpg   P1010598.jpg   P1010586.jpg   P1010575.jpg   P1010392.jpg  

Very inviting Whispering Wind.

Your pond tour should go very well.
    Rockpond

Nancy your pond looks beautiful, and your butterfly gorgeous! Hope the pond tour goes well.

My husband built our pond 3 years ago. We decided to take advantage of our hill outback.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yard 001.jpg  

Wow, Ranatra, that is a gorgeous pond! Love the pink flowers and the waterfall.

Renatra, your pond looks gorgeous!

I would like to thank you for your kind comments. I am going to go ahead and include a 4 foot by 75 foot long meandering creek flowing into a 5000 gallon pond with an additional waterfall also falling into the pond.

About Watergardening.com

Watergardening.com is a forum devoted to water feature enthusiasts all over the world.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube RSS Feed