Thread: Toads, LOUD toads. Good or bad?

Toads, LOUD toads. Good or bad?

We have just accumulated 6 toads in the last couple days. Today I noticed that there are a bunch of black eggs and slime. Will the toads hurt anything? I've noticed a bunch of posts about frogs and how they are good for a pond, just wondered if the same was true with the toads.

By the way, the toads are very very friendly. Much more friendly than my fish.

No worries about the toads. They're just looking for a good meal and a place to lay their eggs. Watch for tadpoles in about 10 days!
    Karen

Talking Tadpoles

Hey there we just had our first toad explosion last week. We had 20-30 toads over one night and they laid hundreds if not thousands of eggs and with in 5 days I clouds of tadpoals.

Looking forward to the call of the toads as the mature.

William

The toads will eat anything they can get in their mouth including fish. They also carrying parasites into your pond and toad body waste that raises ammonia.

Can you keep them out? Nope I've tried. I have one guy thats huge. I've seen pics of them eating birds.
    K.O.I.

Sick fish? koiphen.com

I don't have rocks

About Watergardening.com

Watergardening.com is a forum devoted to water feature enthusiasts all over the world.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube RSS Feed